• 4 thinly sliced chicken breast
• 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• 6 cloves of garlic, sliced ¼ inch thick
• 2 8.5 oz jars of pimento stuffed green olives
• 8.5 oz of dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
• Kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper
1. Cut the chicken breasts into strips. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the extra virgin olive oil.
3. Add the chicken strips to the hot skillet. When the bottom of the chicken strips start to become white turn them over and add the garlic.
4. Once the garlic begins to get soft add the 2 jars of green olives and the wine.
5. Cover the skillet and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook the chicken for approximately 20 minutes or until it is white throughout.
6. Serve the chicken, olives and pan sauce over white rice (recipe below).
Basic White Rice
• 2 cups of water
• 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
• 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
• 1 cup of long grain white rice
1. Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
2. Add the unsalted butter and kosher salt.
3. Add the rice. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook rice for approximately 20 minutes.